The London District Catholic School Board has a reputation for excellence, with more than 3,500 employees working together to educate approximately 24,000 students at 43 elementary schools, 9 secondary schools and St. Patrick Adult and Continuing Education within Middlesex, Oxford and Elgin counties, including the cities of London, St. Thomas, Strathroy and Woodstock.The London District Catholic School Board is currently accepting applications for:
(Casual and Long-Term Assignments)
2023-2024 School Year
School librarians support and extend classroom learning by fostering a love for reading, guiding students to research with purpose and process, and helping students access, select, and use resources for information and for leisure. Our school librarians enjoy serving all levels of the student population from JK to grade 12. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum two-year community college Library Technician diploma, or Master of Library and Information Science.
- Knowledge of integrated library software –Symphony- will be an asset.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, as well as outstanding customer service skills.
- Knowledge of traditional and electronic resources is necessary and experience working in a library setting with children and young adults is required.
- Ability to communicate in French is an asset
- Self-motivated individual with excellent human relations skills
- Possess an understanding and appreciation of Catholic Education and the Mission of the London District Catholic School Board.
- Able to work collaboratively with students, staff, and administration
$24.64/hour-Elementary; $26.16/hour-SecondaryApplications must include
a cover letter and resume, documented proof of qualifications and the names and contact information of two employment references, one of whom is your immediate supervisor.The London District Catholic schools exist to provide an educational atmosphere that fosters and directs the spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social growth of all our students to enable them to live and contribute as responsible Catholics in any society. Hiring a diverse workforce will best serve our students and promote an inclusive environment. The London District Catholic School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the recruitment of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences, and needs of our students and school communities. All hiring decisions will be fair, consistent, transparent, and made in accordance with applicable laws, including the Ontario Human Rights Code and the school board collective agreements.The London District Catholic School Board is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation to enable your participation in the interview & selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please advise the Board when contacted for an interview. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.