Together we’re going places! Voyageur Transportation Services is currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Manager in London, Ontario.
Voyageur Transportation is a dynamic company, which is committed to hiring only the best employees in order to maintain our distinct presence in the transportation industry. With a growing demand for transportation services, Voyageur Transportation has diversified itself and operates in four business segments, which include: Medical Transportation, Conventional and Para Transit, School Bussing and Charters, and Checker Limousine.
With a large emphasis on training and orientation, Voyageur dedicates itself to supporting the growth of our employees by allowing them to develop the necessary skills in order to be successful. We provide our employees the necessary training tools in order to service our customers and clients more effectively. We remain true to our traditional family owned and operated values through our value added services, commitment to our community and our continued services provided by our long term standing employees. We are pleased to be recognized as one of Canada’s Safest Employers.
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Human Resources, the Health and Safety Manager is responsible for our high level of health and safety standards by maintaining an in-depth knowledge of Ministry of Labour and Ministry of Transportation requirements. This role provides direction, support and resource to all managers, supervisors and employees regarding safety issues or concerns.
The ideal candidate will posses the following qualifications that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Designs, maintains and educates leaders and employees on all health & safety regulations, policies, and processes as a result of changing legislation and company trends
- Compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and ensures completion of ongoing facility and vehicle audits
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of current health & safety legislation
- Respond to Ministry of labour field visits, orders or changes related to health & safety compliance
- Responsible for development & adherence to Health &Safety training and orientation for all employees
- WSIB Claim Management, analyze NEER statements
- Maintain ongoing requirements with our participation in the IHSA program (Infrastructure Health & Safety Association)
- Responsible for Canada’s Safest Employer submission
- Supervision & investigation of accidents & investigation of unsafe working conditions
- Ensures incident & collision reporting is complete and reported in a timely fashion
- Trend analysis to the business for incidents and collisions
- Insurance claim management
- Monitors and maintains a strong CVOR rating (Commercial Vehicle Operators Registration) and ensures compliance with all Ministry of Transportation requirement
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Diploma or Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
- JHSC certification
- CRSP designation preferred
- Possess a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in Transportation industry
- Proficient in computer software applications, including all Microsoft products
- In-depth knowledge of current legislation relating to Health & Safety
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings & training
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule including travel
- Must be able to upgrade to a commercial drivers licence
Why work for us?
Sounds interesting? Please send your resume and salary expectations directly to Sandra Grant, VP, Human Resources at email@example.com Voyageur Transportation is committed to provide accommodation for individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Accommodations are available upon request of the internal or external applicant. If you require an accommodation due to a disability for an interview, please notify Human Resources directly to make appropriate arrangements when contacted for an interview.
- Full-time opportunity
- Benefits package
- Rewarding career with a growing company
- Great company culture