London | in-office expectations
$18.85 / hour
Mon. – Thurs.: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm | Fri.: 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
This member of our team will support the Development and Finance and Operations Teams by completing general administrative tasks and helping to prepare for fall Campaign activities.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Possess
- Assist with preparing hard copy and digital campaign materials, (e.g., letters, direct-mail, training materials)
- Produce reports and packages for the resource development team
- Use spreadsheets to track data and create reports
- Extract data from CRM database, format for use in mailings and reports
- Prepare copy and proofread material prior to completing mail merges
- Complete prospect research and data mining
- Organize and prepare network folders for the upcoming Campaign
- Assist with virtual and in-person meetings and events, (e.g., minutes, registration, catering, technology)
- Respond to messages from the general inquiry email and voicemail accounts
- Complete general administrative tasks, (e.g., typing, copying, scanning, ordering, processing mail and couriers)
- Help clean up data in the CRM in accordance with established standards
- Perform other duties as needed to ensure the safe and effective operations of the organization
To be qualified for this position under the Canada Summer Jobs Program, candidates must also ...
- Experience working in an office environment either in-person or virtually
- Ability to communicate respectfully and tactfully to foster positive relationships and cooperation
- Good administrative and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience managing virtual meeting platforms
- Eagerness to learn, accept feedback and direction
- Strong written and oral communications skills; strong attention to detail
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
Please email your cover letter and resume Lisa Simmons, Executive Assistant and Human Resources Officer | e. email@example.com
Friday, March 8, 4:30 p.m.
United Way will consider non-traditional work experience such as volunteering when examining the skills and knowledge needed for this position.
United Way is committed to diversity and encourages applications from people who are Indigenous, racialized, 2SLGBTQ+, women, persons with disabilities, and other overlooked and underestimated groups.
As an equal opportunity employer, United Way is committed to accessibility and to protecting the human rights of its employees. In support of this aim, United Way Elgin Middlesex has an accommodation process in place to provide. accommodations to employees with disabilities or when otherwise required under human rights laws.
We appreciate the interest from all applicants, only those individuals being considered will be contacted.