The WILL Employment Solutions (WILL) Board of Directors invites applications from qualified individuals for the position of Executive Director. WILL has been changing how immigrants finds jobs in Ontario since 1984. WILL is widely regarded as the expert in immigrant employment programming across Southwestern Ontario. This includes leading initiatives to address equity, inclusion, anti-racism and anti-oppression in workplaces across Southwestern Ontario. WILL drives innovative employment solutions to bring immigrants and employers together through its vision that all immigrants are successfully employed. The organization never stops Welcoming, Innovating, Learning and Leading (WILL) in service to its mission and vision.
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall leadership and management of WILL Employment Solutions and the Skill Centre. The Executive Director’s leadership must be consistent with the mission, vision and values of the organizations, their strategic plans and applicable legislation. The Executive Director is accountable to the Boards of Directors for both WILL Employment Solutions and the Skill Centre and for the implementation, oversight and execution of strategic plans, policies and all funding agreements. WILL Employment Solutions (legal name WIL Counselling and Training for Employment) is a registered charity and the Skill Centre is a non-profit corporation that manages property in downtown London for leasing to social and community organizations and agencies.
Key Responsibilities include:
Board and Governance
Ensuring that the WILL and Skill Centre Boards are well-informed related to legislative and policy changes, sector trends, community needs, risk management and financial well-being in order for the Boards to exercise their governance responsibilities.
Contributing to the establishment and implementation of a long-term strategic plan including specific goals, objectives, performance targets and timeframes. Translating the strategic direction of the Board and the organization into a business and operational plan that achieves high quality results and impacts.
Legislation and Policy
Identifying relevant legislation and regulatory requirements and implementing related policies and procedures.
Inspiring the staff, partners and projects of WILL through vision and passion.
Developing and sustaining strong partnerships with organizations, sponsors and collaborators that share WILL’s mission, vision and values.
Programs and Service Delivery
Ensuring all programs and services are client-centred, including active participation by the client in shaping and achieving employment success in a timely manner.
Ensuring the day-to-day operations of WILL and the Skill Centre are managed effectively, efficiently, economically and equitably.
Developing and maintaining processes that facilitate open, meaningful, timely, respectful and consistent transference of information including constructive feedback.
Enterprise and Development
Using business knowledge to generate new revenue resources in a competitive environment.
Planning and managing an annual operational budget for the approval of the Board that accurately reflects funding allocations and acting as the primary point of contact for funder inquiries and negotiations including proposal writing capacity. The annual $5M budget includes funding from all levels of government as well as foundations, other community organizations and other purchase of service arrangements.
Human Resources Management
Leading a diverse, inclusive, non-unionized workforce of over 50 staff and ensuring equitable employment policies and practices that support a learning environment that respects the expertise, experience, and contribution of all employees.
Information Systems Management and Technology
Supporting and overseeing a workplace that uses data for evidence-based decision making, that views technology as an important tool to support both clients and staff and protects the privacy and confidentiality of its systems and databases.
Properties and Premises Management
Ensuring that properties and premises are safe, secure and well-maintained to appropriate and required health, safety and building codes.
Continuous Quality Improvement
Ensuring WILL’s reputation for integrity, ethical conduct, corporate responsibility and the delivery of relevant, high quality programs and services is maintained.
Organizational Performance Outcomes
Evaluating the methods of programs and services delivered to ensure they are meeting the needs of clients, contractual agreements and are in keeping with WILL Strategic priorities.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma or certificate in Business/Human Services or other applicable program;
- Completion of recognized leadership program;
- Related skills and abilities with demonstrated successes in each of the responsibility areas outlined;
- A minimum of 5 years’ progressive senior management experience, preferably in the not for profit or education or employment or settlement sector; and
- Knowledge of career development and job search solutions, employment coaching, counselling and mentoring programs particularly related to immigrant jobseekers and best practices in employer engagement in attracting, welcoming, hiring and retaining newcomers.
- Proficiency with technology, including word processing, emails, texting, social media, etc.;
- Experience with funder negotiations, fund development and revenue diversification;
- Lived experience is an asset.
- Passionate, belief in innovation as an essential component of growth and health to an organization;
- Resilient and persistent in the face of ever changing environment, versatile and energetic, calculated risk taker;
- Collaborative and consultative, with strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Models WILL’s mission, vision and values in word and action, able to motivate staff and achieve highest quality in results, deal with complex situations involving multiple components and points of view and uses sound judgment to resolve matters; and
- Meets deadlines and maintains flexible work schedule to meet demands of the position.
- Completion of a satisfactory Police Vulnerability Sector Check; and
- Valid driver’s license, appropriate insurance and access to reliable car.
- Work is primarily performed on site in an office and/or in the community; and
- Schedule demands flexibility for evening and some weekends, including events and meetings and some overnight travel.
Please forward applications (cover letter and resume) no later than 4:00 pm on March 7th to:
- Leading a talented team reflective of the clients WILL serves
- Building on the foundation of a strong, resilient and impact oriented organization with diversified funding
- Health, dental, vision, employee assistance and pension program.
- Generous paid vacation and paid sick time
- Professional development opportunities.
- Salary range of $95,000 - $115,000 annually depending on experience for a 35-hour work week.
Executive Director Search
c/o WILL Employment Solutions – Selection Committee
141 Dundas Street, 4th Floor
London, ON N6A 1G3
Applicants may also choose to submit application electronically to ExecutiveSearch@willemployment.ca Please reference Executive Director Search in the subject line.
WILL Employment Solutions values diversity in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We strive to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to providing accommodations for person with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to complete this application, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided at all stages of the hiring process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about WILL Employment Solutions, please visit our website at www.willemployment.ca.