Position: Human Resources Generalist
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Manager of Human Resources
The Human Resources Generalist will assist in all aspects of Human Resources including Payroll and Benefits. The successful applicant will perform a range of generalist responsibilities in the areas of payroll and benefits, full cycle recruiting, health and safety, training, and participation in the development and ongoing administration of personnel policies and procedures. This position will work collaboratively with Managers and staff at all levels of the corporation.
As a member of the municipal team, each employee will be responsible for serving the citizens of Strathroy-Caradoc by meeting the ratepayers’ needs and expectations, striving to be the best in everything we do through attitude, training and creativity and representing the municipality as defined by council, as a strong, integrated organization dedicated to high quality, sustainable and viable services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bi weekly payroll administration.
- Maintain a variety of payroll and benefit records, including all personnel records in a confidential capacity.
- Support the corporation in the administration of the pension and benefit programs.
- Assist in the recruitment process including posting of vacancies, advertisements and participating in interviews when necessary.
- Participate in employee onboarding and orientation programs.
- Work as part of a team to revise, update and maintain a variety of manual and electronic filing systems, records and policies and procedures.
- Communicate Human Resource policies, programs, procedures and practices to support organizational strategies and objectives.
- Create a variety of instructional materials and assist in the facilitation of training sessions/programs.
- Liaise with the WSIB, and assist with return to work activities for occupational and non-occupational illness/incidents.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of Human Resources related legislation such us; Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act and Human Rights.
- Good communication, teamwork, networking and relationship building skills.
- Good problem solving capabilities with ability to work independently.
- Commitment to maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with other staff, residents, community stakeholders and council members.
- Perform such other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Completion of a University Degree and/or Diploma/Certificate in a Human Resources program.
- Preferably three (3) to five (5) years’ experience working in a Human Resources capacity.
- Experience in payroll administration.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook).
- Work experience within a municipality setting is an asset.
- Provide a valid criminal reference check.
Wage: $50,909 - $61,117 – Grid E
PREPARED BY: Doug Payne APPROVED BY: Greg McClinchey
UPDATED: January 2018 SUPERSEDES DATE: NA