Certified Machinist or 3rd year Apprentice
Sciencetech Inc. has been designing and manufacturing optical spectroscopy instruments in Canada since 1985. Our instruments have been used in many applications and fields including medical research, biotechnology, space sciences, analytical chemistry, materials research, pharmacology, aerospace, food sciences, environmental and academic research
Air-conditioned workshop environment.
Reporting to: Manufacturing Coordinator
Start Date: Immediately
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- The candidate will have had experience working in a small sized machine shop operating a variety of standard machine shop equipment.
- The applicant must be willing to work within a strong team based environment utilizing flexible approaches to all projects.
- Must be able to read & interpret standard blueprints and mechanical drawings adhering to the tight tolerances required.
- Able to machine & fabricate new parts for standard and custom manufacturing.
- Assist the Engineering department with running day to day issues & changes.
- CNC program & operate MilPwr software an asset.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on facility machinery.
- Troubleshoot and repair facility machinery.
- Write and maintain standard operating procedures for part manufacturing tracking.
- Complete daily maintenance and repair logs.
- Maintain and secure work tools.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds required
- Knowledge of Lock out Tag out procedures
- Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment.
- Machinery and tool operation requires the use of standard safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses,
hearing protectors & work boots.
- Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
Apply: arutt sciencetech-inc.com