Located in the manufacturing department and reporting to the Manager of Manufacturing, the primary function of this position is to provide the technical skills necessary to complete the manufacturing and final assembly on BioDevice systems. Also included is the ability to work with engineering to improve drawings and convey new ideas for improved Device performance/manufacturing.
Possess skills necessary to work effectively with Inventory, Quality Control, Field Service, Procurement, and Engineering departments.
- Work from wiring, electrical, and mechanical diagrams, equipment drawings, and work instructions to organize, construct, build, and repair mechanical, pneumatic and electrical systems used on BioDevice System and other devices during the final assembly process.
- Must be capable of troubleshooting and repairing electro-mechanical and pneumatic devices when problems are encountered.
- Acquire a good understanding of the BioDevices to improve efficiencies in completing the final assembly process and quality output to the field.
- Assist with the preparation and update of detailed records to document the build process and organize/maintain a system for filing and updating these records efficiently.
- Assist with parts rebuild when necessary.
- Work closely with engineering to document necessary equipment changes and ideas to improve the overall functionality and/or quality of operations between engineering and manufacturing.
- Maintain personal tool and shop floor hardware inventory.
- Maintain an organized, clean shop floor work space and work with Manager of Manufacturing to identify areas for improvement in work flow and final assembly procedures to reduce build time and/or costs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate diploma in Engineering Technology or 2 years relevant experience required
- Level 1 or 2 Millwright apprentice
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma preferred
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with:
- Electro-mechanical assembly
- Fabrication assembly
- Mechanical drawings
- Hand tools and power tools
- Electrical and pneumatic schematics
- Microsoft applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to lift up to 70lbs
- Ability to work weekend hours, as needed
- Ability to stand for several hours in a given day
- Shift hours: 7 am – 4 pm
- Full benefits package
- Pension plan
Send all resumes to email@example.com