Located in the manufacturing department and reporting to the Manager of Manufacturing, the primary function of this position is to provide the technical skills necessary to complete the manufacturing and final assembly on BioDevice systems. Also included is the ability to work with engineering to improve drawings and convey new ideas for improved Device performance/manufacturing.
- Work from wiring and electrical diagrams, equipment drawings, and work instructions to organize, construct, build, and repair, pneumatic and electrical systems used on BioDevice System and other devices during the final assembly process.
- Must be capable of troubleshooting and repairing electro and pneumatic devices when problems are encountered.
- Must have proven technical skills and abilities and experience with electrical assembly.
- Acquire a good understanding of the BioDevices to improve efficiencies in completing the final assembly process and quality output to the field.
- Assist with the preparation and update of detailed records to document the build process and organize/maintain a system for filing and updating these records efficiently.
- Assist with parts rebuild when necessary.
- Adheres to all safety requirements including lockout / tagout procedures.
- Assembly and wiring of industrial automation control panels, and enclosures, Automation sensors, 3 Phase motors, and pneumatic systems
- Work closely with engineering to document necessary equipment changes and ideas to improve the overall functionality and/or quality of operations between engineering and manufacturing.
- Maintain personal tool and shop floor hardware inventory.
- Maintain an organized, clean shop floor work space and work with Manager of Manufacturing to identify areas for improvement in work flow and final assembly procedures to reduce build time and/or costs.
Possess skills necessary to work effectively with Inventory, Quality Control, Field Service, Procurement, and Engineering departments.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate diploma in Engineering Technology or 2 years relevant experience required
- Level 1 Industrial electrical apprentice
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma preferred
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with:
- Electro-mechanical assembly
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical and pneumatic schematics
- Trouble-shoots PLC’s and relay logic controls
- Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoo equipment wiring
- Hand tools and power tools
- Microsoft applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to lift up to 70lbs
- Ability to work weekend hours, as needed
- Ability to stand for several hours in a given day
- Shift hours: 7 am – 4 pm
- Full benefits package
- Pension plan
Send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org