Date: February 2018
Position: Facility Services Manager
Location: Centre Branch YMCA
Start Date: Late February, Early March
The YMCA of Western Ontario is a multi-service charity that provides opportunity for personal growth for all background, beliefs, and abilities. Our Y provides programs and services to approximately 32,000 members and numerous non-member program participants. Programs and services are directed toward a wide range of individuals.
Members and participants come from all social, economic and racial background as well as from all areas of the city. We are a full-service YMCA with an annual operating budget of $45 million. There are more than 900 staff in the Association. The Centre branch YMCA has been open since 1982 and is dedicated to meeting the needs of the downtown community through provision of health, fitness and aquatic programming. We have a robust school day camp and summer day camp program on site. This site also acts as host to multiple community partners such as LDCSB, Wellspring, Body Mechanics and LHSC Cardiac rehab.
Nature and Scope:
The Facility Services Manager is responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of a fully integrated cleaning and maintenance plan for the facility.
- Provide leadership to a Facility and Housekeeping staff, comprised of full-time and part-time staff and a team of volunteers to ensure a clean, safe and well maintained facility including recruitment, supervision, training, scheduling, payroll preparation and evaluation
- Develop and manage departmental budgets
- Manage work order system by assignment and prioritizing repair or breakdown requirements
- Work scheduled Duty Manager shifts
- Implement and use YMCA Sam Standards
- In conjunction with requirements, co-ordinate facility mechanics, and outside trades people for preventative maintenance, repairs, and other maintenance activities to be performed on equipment and building systems.
- Plan and oversee Capital improvements
- Administrate documentation, records management, accounts payable, supplies/inventory, departmental reports, etc.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Two-year Post-Secondary education in building operations along with five years building cleaning experience and knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Institutional or previous YMCA experience
- Management of cleaning staff
- Training of staff and implementation of cleaning processes
- Working knowledge of WHIMIS and H&S directives
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- 3-years supervisory experience and budgetary management
- Knowledge and qualification in pool operations is an asset
- Must provide a current criminal reference check as per the Association’s policy
Commitment to Organizational Vision and Values
- Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the Mission, Vision, and strategic outcomes and values of the YMCA
Concern for Health and Safety
- Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction
- Identifies an issue and works towards a solution
- Guides, motivates, and inspires self and others to take action to achieve work related goals
- Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to enhance each and every individual’s YMCA experience
Relationship Building and Collaboration
- Builds positive interactions both internally and externally to achieve work related goals
- Actively builds teams and encourages open relationships for maximum organizational effectiveness
- The ability to lead, manage and achieve identified goals
Creativity and Innovation
- Develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to help achieve desired results
Why the Y:
- An opportunity to work in a charitable organization open to all regardless of background, belief or ability
- A connection to an international organization time honoured by many
- A chance to work with staff who, for the past several years, have documented a satisfaction rate of over 90% on the Staff Satisfaction Survey
- A place where people care about each other and their community; where the Y’s core values respect, caring, honesty and responsibility are practiced each and every day
- Hands-on training and transferable skills which will set you up for success now and in the future
- A complimentary YMCA membership which encourages you to embrace the Y’s philosophy of health and well-being
- A discount on our Childcare and Camp programs with high interests in the excellence of our programs
Other Position Details:
Varying shifts including mornings, evenings and weekends.
Posting Expiry Date: February 23rd, 2018
To apply to this position, please forward a letter of application and résumé with the subject line Facility Services Manager via email by February 23rd, 2018 to: email@example.com
The YMCA of Western Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.