The Human Resources & Office Coordinator will act as a true generalist, supporting the Human Resources department in a rapidly growing technology company with a wide range of duties. They will act as a first point of contact for HR-related inquiries from employees and managers, administer HR policies and programs, and ensure the integrity of employee records and compliance with all required legislation.
This position is for a 12-month contract, beginning April 2018.
What we’d like you to do:
- Contribute to the development of policies and forms, job postings and/or job descriptions
- Coordinate the regular performance feedback process ensuring timely completion by all managers
- Post for job vacancies, monitoring activity for successful performance
- Schedule job interviews and assist in the interview process as required
- Ensure background and/or reference checks are completed
- Prepare new employee onboarding files and orientation plans
- Coordinate activities for Hackathons, job fairs and other recruitment events
- Partner with marketing on employer branding and other community outreach initiatives
- Compensation and benefits administration
- Create regular reports on HR metrics; build out medium for regular line-of-sight on key KPIs
- Ensure accurate time-tracking in the payroll system for all planned and unplanned absences
- Provide support for semi-monthly payroll processing as required
- Maintain current HR files and databases
- Act as a main point of contact for employee questions or concerns
- Administer all existing HR policies and programs and contribute to the development of new ones
- Take a leadership role on the Joint Health and Safety and Social Committees
- Keep tabs on community events and learning and development opportunities for management and employees
- Ensure compliance with all required legislation
- Act as the main point of contact for vendor and building services contracts. Coordinate additional services as required.
- Order and maintain office and kitchen supplies on a weekly basis
- Other duties as required
You should be someone who has/is:
- 0-2 years of prior experience in Human Resources
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation in progress or achieved
- University or college degree in Human Resources or a related field
- Experience with HR and/or payroll software
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of all applicable employment legislation
- Strong attention to detail, as well as analytical and organizational skills
- Superior written and verbal communication with excellent presentation skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, demonstrate sound judgment and maintain composure under pressure
- A desire to learn and grow with the company
- Thrive in a fast-paced, competitive and dynamic work environment
- Due to the nature of our industry you could be asked to submit a police background check and associated confidentiality agreement
Email your resume with cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Media Sonar is an equal opportunity employer. We are happy to provide accommodation to candidates throughout the interview process and employment relationship upon request. Please contact Human Resources if accommodation may be required.