For over 70 years Buckland has been working to help companies across the world experience global trade in a better way. Buckland employs a unique approach to global trade that focuses on combining trusted technologies and talented people that know how to use them. As a customer-focused company, Buckland provides customers with a single source of unmatched Customs Brokerage (Canadian, US, Mexican), Trade Managed Solutions, Freight Forwarding, Trade Technologies and Warehousing/Distribution Services. Buckland strives to provide customized services in a memorable way.
Reporting to the Lead Developer, the Applications Developer will be working in a C#, .NET environment for Windows and the Internet. Under the direction of the Team Leads, the Application Developer will carry out various analysis/design/development tasks and work in a team environment on various enterprise level internal business applications. In addition, experience in any of the following business areas are a definite asset; customs brokerage, importing, exporting, logistics, supply chain systems.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary, benefits package and matching retirement plan
- A friendly, collaborative work environment
- Opportunities for professional development & ongoing learning
- A chance to be part of a growing organization
- Take direction, guidance and tasks from the Lead Developers on a day-to-day basis.
- Work with Business Analysts, Developers and IT with pre-existing and new solutions.
- Provide detailed feedback to team members when evaluating a problem, new feature or when completing development work.
- Contribute to a positive team environment to create, deliver and enhance solutions for our organization and our customers.
- Assist Development Team documenting existing solutions and new solutions as required.
- Perform other related duties and projects as required.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server (MSSQL 2008, 2016)
- Experience designing/developing complex applications utilizing Visual Studio .NET 2017 (C#, ASP.NET)
- Experience developing Web Services and Server Components with C#, creating and utilizing custom in house NuGet packages
- Experience developing and executing Unit tests throughout the development process an asset
- Experience utilizing TFS for Source Control or a continuous integration server an asset
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to work within a team environment(currently 9 developers and growing) to collaboratively develop new features and solutions
- Experience with any of the following an asset: GIT Source Control, SQL Reporting Server, Windows 10, SQL Performance Testing and Benchmarking, .NET Performance Testing and Benchmarking, PDF Creation, Windows Service Development, Graphical File Manipulation, Conversion and Storage
- Ability to self-manage to work independently and to work within a team environment.
- Ability to work with other staff members to perform quality testing and analysis.
- Strong Analytical abilities to evaluate existing or new features and provide detailed technical feedback that a non-technical user can understand.
To apply to this position, please visit the below link:
If this describes you, we’d love to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.buckland.com to learn more about Buckland and apply through our Career page today.
Buckland is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors.
Upon request, Buckland will make accommodations available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process.