This position reports to the Manager/Sr. Manager of Manufacturing and will be responsible for the Supervision, oversight, and direction of Manufacturing Operations. This position is responsible for supervising internal assembly resources and key strategic relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure the timely assembly of defect-free and cost effective devices. The role is also responsible for establishing the appropriate manufacturing capability to support capacity bursts of non-standard devices and non-forecasted sales volume.
The primary function of this position is to provide the technical skills necessary to complete the manufacturing and final assembly on new and refurbished BioDevice Systems. Also included is the ability to work with engineering to improve drawings and convey new ideas for improved BioDevice System’s performance/manufacturing.
- Supervises Manufacturing Operations to achieve manufacturing lead times, quality and cost objectives while meeting customer demands.
- Develop and implement processes, procedures and documentation to achieve manufacturing objectives.
- Ensures that the Manufacturing Operations facility remains in good standing with all regulatory bodies (OSHA, local/regional authorities, etc) and conducts business in a safe and effective manner.
- Oversee all tactical activities for the Manufacturing Operation including manufacturing schedules, work team assignments, and all aspects of shop floor organization.
- Works with other Manufacturing Operations teams to expand current facility and incorporate Lean Manufacturing concepts to increase efficiency.
- Work from wiring, electrical, and mechanical diagrams, equipment drawings, welding drawing and work instructions to organize, construct, build, and repair mechanical, pneumatic and electrical systems used on the BioDevice Systems and other devices during the assembly process.
- Must be capable of troubleshooting and repairing electro-mechanical and pneumatic devices used on BioDevice systems when problems are encountered.
- Acquire a good understanding of our BioDevice systems to improve efficiencies in completing the assembly process and quality output to the field.
- Work closely with engineering to document necessary equipment changes and ideas to improve the overall functionality and/or quality of operations between engineering and manufacturing.
- Work closely with engineering to advance assembly and testing of new technologies and prototypes.
- Maintain an organized, clean shop floor work space and work with Manager/ Sr. Manager of Manufacturing to identify areas for improvement in work flow and final assembly procedures to reduce build time and/or costs.
- Assist with training of new employees within manufacturing and final assembly.
- It is expected that this role will perform supervisory activities in excess of 75% of their working day.
Possess skills necessary to work effectively with Inventory, Quality Control, Field Service, Procurement, and Engineering departments.
Supervises Manufacturing associates which may include, welders, and/or labours. Staff size will generally not exceed 15 full time associates and 5 contract associates and may include direct and indirect labor.
• It is expected that this role will perform supervisory activities in excess of 75% of their working day
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate degree in Engineering Technology or 7+ years relevant experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in technically related field preferred
- Minimum of 7+ years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma preferred
- Experience with SAP preferred
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with:
- TIG Welding/Fitting
- Stainless steel grinding/polishing
- Mechanical assembly
- Mechanical drawings
- Hand tools and power tools
- Microsoft applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS .
- Ability to lift up to 70lbs
- Ability to work weekend hours, as needed
- Ability to stand for several hours in a given day
- Full benefits package
- Pension plan
Send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org