Vuteq Canada is a Tier 1 automotive manufacturing organization, located in Woodstock, Ontario.
By continually improving our systems and processes through ongoing evaluation of company objectives, we are able to maintain our commitment in ensuring that requirements and expectations for quality and safety are realized.
We strive to be an indispensable partner to our customers, driven by our team members and their engagement, and commit to developing the future with passion and sincerity.
The Industrial Design Coordinator is responsible for completing all plant layouts.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Through a firm understanding of the functions of AutoCAD, this team member will utilize the program when new business/machines/processes are being brought into the plant for future business planning
- Consult current layout to determine fit and space within the plant
- Responsible for implementing successful Kaizen ideas, increasing efficiency of all departments
- Maintain an up to date understanding of plant layouts, utilizing AutoCAD once all physical information is gathered
- Assess current layouts; support new ideas, observing daily activity of all departments
- Improve wasted space and safety concerns
- Maintain knowledge of all areas; as an active part of production, this individual must understand how all parts are built to increase knowledge and ability to make changes
- Team member support; indirectly assist team members, ensuring they have the necessary resources and are able to complete assigned tasks as new layouts are implemented
- Consider on-line team members’ concerns as new layouts are designed and implemented
- The team member must have a good knowledge of every department, and must be involved in every department’s major changes. Major equipment and plant changes must also be brought to this team member’s attention, as they and their team members will be responsible for producing the CAD drawings.
- Successful completion of a Mechanical Engineering Technologist diploma/degree from a College/University
- AutoCAD training certificate
- Solidworks training certificate
- Leadership/supervisory training certificate
- 5 years of automotive manufacturing/assembly experience
- Minimum 2 years of AutoCAD and SolidWorks experience
- Minimum 2 years of leadership experience
Skills and Abilities
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to changing demands of production from customers and team member issues
- Actively listen to fellow team members about concerns or issues that arise
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to speak in front of groups of people, and ability to effectively communicate information with varying levels of individuals (both team members and management groups)
- Ability to show versatility and resourcefulness when problem solving
- Ability to organize priorities based on deadlines and importance of tasks
- Manage time efficiently while working on several different tasks at once
- Must have a valid driver’s license
If you are up to the challenge associated with a fast-paced, Tier 1 automotive company, please email your cover letter and resume, along with your salary expectations, to:
Human Resources Department
Vuteq Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.