Vuteq Canada is a Tier 1 automotive manufacturing organization, located in Woodstock, Ontario.
By continually improving our systems and processes through ongoing evaluation of company objectives, we are able to maintain our commitment in ensuring that requirements and expectations for quality and safety are realized.
We strive to be an indispensable partner to our customers, driven by our team members and their engagement, and commit to developing the future with passion and sincerity.
The Senior Project Engineer will lead the Engineering department in design and development of customer projects / products and the R& D of new materials and technologies. In addition, this team member will assist the Tooling Engineers and Process Engineering with optimizing design and builds.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead and educate the project engineers and junior project engineers in research and development activity
- Develop new materials processes based on our customers’ needs and trends
- Lead/participate in the creation of DFMEA and incorporate necessary actions into design
- Lead product design benchmark activities, lead meetings
- Lead the project development team in growth and technical development
- Lead the transfer of new technology/materials development in engineering to production
- Lead development group to complement several advanced technology projects which will provide significant benefit to OEMs on light-weighting, cost reduction and performance improvements
- Bridge japan technical division and Canada technical center on sharing information, tracking project progress and approaching OEMs for new business by presenting VA/VE. Benchmarking and advanced technology proposal activities
- Lead research activity and root cause analysis and making countermeasures for mass production issues and create Vuteq best practices and standards that can be shared with all Vuteq plants and OEMs
- Manage both internal and customer open issues list for product design issues, support issue resolution to the customer timeline
- Support program financial targets and cost reduction initiatives by generating cost reduction ideas
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department, ensure compliance with necessary quality and performance specifications
- Analyze technology, resource needs and market demands, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects as well as responsible to investigate / benchmark similar products
- Keep up to date with advancements in technology and material
- Understand manufacturing process, lead and create initial process concepts for new business. Understand process time study and transfer of new technology/material development in engineering to production
- Complete technical presentations both internally and to external customers
- Coordinate department activity to support all Vuteq group companies
- Successful completion of degree in mechanical engineering or similar field
- Experience with CATIA V5, Unigraphics, solidworks
- Experience with PPAP, APQP, DFMEA, PFMEA, Six sigma
- MS Office (particularly Excel, PowerPoint)
- Some injection molding knowledge and experience is an asset
- Excellent knowledge of plastics & other automotive interior/exterior materials
- 5-10 years’ experience with engineering product development
- 5-10 years’ experience coordinating engineering projects and managing a team to ensure compliance with customer standards
- 5-10 years’ experience leading a small group of engineers
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to manage time efficiently to meet deadlines set by customers
- Prioritization skills; ability to adapt to changing demands (internal and/or external)
- Interpersonal skills; ability to present technical information to customers in a professional environment
- Conduct statistical analysis of data (performance/dimensional) to understand trends and implement corrective action
- Develop and maintain positive and productive professional relationships with internal (Vuteq) and external customers
- High attention to detail
- Ability to show versatility and resourcefulness when problem solving
- Organizational skills; ability to organize tasks and deadlines while working on several different projects
- Actively listening to customers, suppliers, and internal team members on project requirement changes
- Ability to manage a small group of professionals towards a shared a goal
- Communicating in a second language would be considered an asset
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Be willing to travel to other Vuteq locations (USA, Mexico, Japan etc)
If you are up to the challenge associated with a fast-paced, Tier 1 automotive company, please email your cover letter and resume, along with your salary expectations, to:
Human Resources Department
Vuteq Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.