Vuteq Canada is a Tier 1 automotive manufacturing organization, located in Woodstock, Ontario.
By continually improving our systems and processes through ongoing evaluation of company objectives, we are able to maintain our commitment in ensuring that requirements and expectations for quality and safety are realized.
We strive to be an indispensable partner to our customers, driven by our team members and their engagement, and commit to developing the future with passion and sincerity.
The Purchasing Coordinator (Commodity Buyer) is responsible for controlling costs, negotiating contracts, contract management, building supplier relationships for the requirements and specification of parts/materials required by our Customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Creating Purchasing Strategy Documents for assigned commodities
- Setting and achieving yearly cost reductions
- Total cost analysis
- Report weekly in team meetings the progress of targets and goals
- Request for quote (RFQ) activities; Create RFQs, send to suppliers for pricing, compare returned RFQs from different suppliers, provide feedback to suppliers, issue a Business Award Ringisho and a Letter of Intent
- Negotiating; negotiate with suppliers to get lower pricing or improved service, work with suppliers to change their processes to improve pricing for Vuteq, benchmarking and analysis
- Building supplier relationships; Quarterly meeting to review performance and cost reduction ideas, supplier site-visits to ensure compliance with Vuteq standards and understand process related to cost
- Issue purchase orders (PO) in AS400; set up new suppliers, create blanket POs (production), create standard POs (trials, spot buys), maintain standard cost files
- Project management; take lead on projects as assigned by manager, provide purchasing support to Engineering, Production areas
- NAFTA/customs; complete necessary paperwork and submit electronically
- Must be able to understand the required specifications from the customers, review drawings (internal and external)
- Successful completion of a 2 - 3 year college diploma in Purchasing Materials Management/Supply Chain Operations/Business Program Equiv
- Certified Supply Chain Management Professional (CSCMP) designation considered an asset
- 2 - 3 years of purchasing experience
- 1 - 2 years of external customer service experience
- 1 - 2 years of Microsoft Office experience
- 1 - 2 years of automotive experience
Skills and Abilities
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and detail orientation when producing data and reports
- Ability to adapt to changing demands of production and team member issues
- Actively listen to different suppliers for maintain and enhancing requirements
- Ability to effectively manage a small group of professionals to achieve shared and personal goals
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to speak in front of groups of people, and ability to effectively communicate information with varying levels of individuals (both team members and management groups)
- Ability to show versatility and resourcefulness when problem solving
- Ability to organize priorities based on deadlines and importance of tasks
- Manage time efficiently while working on several different tasks at once
- Ability to communicate is a second language would be an asset
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to travel
If you are up to the challenge associated with a fast-paced, Tier 1 automotive company, please email your cover letter and resume, along with your salary expectations, to:
Human Resources Department
Vuteq Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.