Japanese Automotive Parts Manufacturer in the London area seeks an Administrative Assistant / Japanese Translator to join our team in an administrative role. The ideal candidate should possess proficiency and experience in reading, writing, interpreting, and translating in Japanese to English and vise versa.
Reporting to the Coordinator, the successful candidate will provide translation and interpretation support in administrative and automobile production/engineering related terminology. Key secondary duties include various administrative duties as outlined below.
The primary role of the Administrative Assistance / Japanese Translator is to provide functional and administrative support to the Company Coordinator, by translating Japanese to English and vise versa in various aspects of the business.
TRANSLATION / INTERPRETING
- Responsible for Japanese to English (and vise versa) translation of various business documents as required on a regular basis
- Assists Company Chief Operating Officer and other Japanese Team Members with translation support during various business meetings, interviews, presentations, etc. on a regular basis
- Assists with translation of various accounting documents for reporting purposes
- Prepares meeting minutes in both Japanese and English
- Support for visitors/walk-ins at the front office window
- Accepts deliveries and coordinate pickups (when requested) from various courier companies
- Provides support to Chief Operating Officer and other Japanese Team Members with translation
- Assists Japanese Team Members with interpretation of company policies and procedures
- Assist with travel arrangements for Japanese Team Members
- Assists with acquisition of supplies by running errands as required
- Special projects as assigned
- Other related duties as required:
- Japanese worker’s life support such as medical support, accommodation support
- Update and manage Manufacturing production control information (Master List)
- Prepare several reports in Excel. Turn over report in Japanese, Forecast report, Month end reports etc.
- Month end inventory input
- Cover Purchasing Specialist’s duty when she is not available (Steel order)
- Proficiency in reading, writing, speaking, and translating Japanese to English (and vise versa) required
- Minimum 2 years experience working in an administrative role
- Post secondary education in office administration or business administration is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required
- Must be a team player / self starter with excellent language and communication skills, who pays attention to accuracy and detail
- Must possess excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills to effectively provide administrative support in an effective and efficient manner
- Should have a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
Please send your resume and cover letter stating experience and wage expectations in strictest confidence to:
Please indicate ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT in the subject line of the email.
We appreciate all responses, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.