HighPoint was established in 2015. We are a steadily growing property management firm focusing on the management and administration of condominiums in the city of London and surrounding area. We are in search of our next team member. This person will enjoy working in a high energy, high demanding and rewarding position. We are looking for this next key person to manage the accounting and financial reporting functions of the condominium corporations and be interested in learning the property management functions, as well as the regulations under which we operate. The ideal candidate will also enjoy assisting other members of the team with operational duties outside of the accounting/bookkeeping role. The successful candidate will be a team player and be able to work and communicate well with both our existing staff, as well as the trades, suppliers and clients that we relate with daily.
The following is a summary of some of the specific responsibilities and duties requires of this position –
- Provide all bookkeeping and accounting for all condominium corporations on a monthly basis.
- Monthly Financial Statements - Prepare and analyze monthly financial statements for each corporation on a timely basis, providing information on each significant budget variance. Communicate financial information to management, providing analytical details on a timely basis as may be required from time to time. Manage and monitor all bank accounts for the Corporations, both operating and reserve, for each client on a monthly basis.
- Accounts Payable – Coding, recording and paying invoices from suppliers of the individual corporations, on a timely basis.
- Accounts Receivable – Charging each unit owner for their common fees, sending the electronic payments to the bank for automatic withdrawal and visit the bank to deposit the postdated cheques from owners.
- Software - Become familiar with the Condo Manager system used in the administration of each client, both the accounting and operational aspects of the system. The successful candidate will be proficient in Word and Excel.
- Set up new clients and properties in Condo Manager, as required.
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgets for each corporation, as required and upload the approved budget into the system.
- Preparation and/or management of any payroll requirements for staff employed directly by the condominium corporations.
- To assist management with the maintenance of the individual websites for each corporation, setting up new sites and posting new items as required.
- To be responsible for the proper maintenance and security of all records of each corporation as required by the regulations under the Condominium Act.
- To assist with the monitoring and management of office supplies, office equipment, and act as a resource on software and IT matters in conjunction with other members of the team.
- Generally, any other duties as may be assigned by management.
Suggested Qualifications –
- Be the team player that we are looking for, easily relating with others, possessing a good work ethic, as well as the ability to work independently and be a self-starter, and have a commitment to excellence in all that you do.
- Strong experience and knowledge to provide the bookkeeping and accounting services required of the position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A competent knowledge of outlook, word, excel, accounting software systems, noting that we have support for the accounting and Condo Manager systems utilized, and that training with our systems would be available and facilitated.
- Have a valid driver’s license and vehicle.
HighPoint offers competitive salary, health benefits and RSP plan. Please submit your application, together with your resume & salary expectations, to HighPoint Property Management Corporation at email@example.com
or fax to 226-663-8945.
Further information may be obtained on our website –at www.highpointpm.ca