Located in the manufacturing department and reporting to the Manager of Manufacturing, the primary function of this position is to provide the technical skills necessary to complete the manufacturing and final assembly of all aspects of industrial machinery.
- Work from mechanical diagrams and equipment drawings to organize, construct, build, and repair mechanical industrial machines.
- Must be capable of troubleshooting and repairing electro-mechanical and pneumatic devices when problems are encountered.
- Debugging and fine tuning mechanical systems
- Assist in manufacturing and modification of custom parts in our machines shop, using; Mills, lathes and other machines
- Assist with parts rebuild when necessary.
- Maintain an organized, clean shop floor work space and work with Manager of Manufacturing to identify areas for improvement in work flow and final assembly procedures to reduce build time and/or costs.
Possess skills necessary to work effectively with Inventory, Quality Control, Field Service, Procurement, and Engineering departments.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Technology or 2 years relevant experience required
- Level 1 or 2 Millwright apprentice
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Mechanical assembly
- Fabrication assembly
- Mechanical drawings
- Hand tools and power tools
- Electrical and pneumatic schematics
- Microsoft applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to lift up to 70lbs
- Ability to work weekend hours, as needed
- Ability to stand for several hours in a given day
- Shift hours: 7 am – 4 pm
- Full benefits package
- Pension plan
Send all resumes to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org