Located in the manufacturing department and reporting to the Manager of Manufacturing, the primary function of this position is to assemble, wire and install all electrical aspects of industrial machinery.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints, wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing electromechanical, electrical, and electronic components of machinery and equipment, including transformers, VFD’s, PLC’s, relay logic and pneumatic devices.
- Install pneumatic tubing from valve banks to devices
- Individuals will be responsible for the assembly of control panels, cabinets, and sub-assemblies
- Must be capable of troubleshooting and repairing electro and pneumatic devices when problems are encountered.
- Must have proven technical skills and abilities and experience with electrical assembly.
- Adheres to all safety requirements including lockout / tagout procedures.
- Maintain an organized, clean shop floor work space and work with Manager of Manufacturing to identify areas for improvement in work flow and final assembly procedures to reduce build time and/or costs.
Possess skills necessary to work effectively with Inventory, Quality Control, Field Service, Procurement, and Engineering departments.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate diploma in Engineering Technology or 2 years relevant experience required
- Level 2 Industrial electrical apprentice
- Minimum of 3-4years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with:
- Electro-mechanical assembly
- Has common tools associated to Electrical Panel Building
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical and pneumatic schematics
- Trouble-shoots PLC’s and relay logic controls
- Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot equipment wiring
- Hand tools and power tools
- Microsoft applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to lift up to 70lbs
- Ability to work weekend hours, as needed
- Ability to stand for several hours in a given day
- Shift hours: 7 am – 4 pm
- Full benefits package
- Pension plan
Send all resumes to KL-IT@zoetis.com