We are currently recruiting a Sales Manager, who will achieve success in increasing business levels by maintaining
existing accounts, developing new accounts and in general implementing sales and marketing strategies via a guest
oriented approach which facilitate achievement of budget objectives for total sales, profitability and return on
investment, through building strong business relationships and using effective negotiations and sales practices.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel to previous, current and potential clients. Use professional sales techniques to negotiate the best possible terms and conditions that satisfy custome (internal and external) requirements.
- Manage accounts ensuring pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented
- Promote services through conventions, trade shows, public relations, etc.
- Grow customer base within set accounts. Coordinate various departments' participation in servicing accounts. Maintain hotel relationships with key accounts to increase customer satisfaction and account revenue.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients.
- Organize and perform sales blitzes to local area and out of town. Articulate and leverage the benefits of the
hotel to close sales opportunities to guests.
- Travel locally to conduct outside calls, promote the hotel and review competition.
- Represent hotel at trade shows. Cold-call prospects
- Where necessary, support marketing efforts such as trade shows, exhibits, and other events.
- Carry out/organize telemarketing sales, mail-outs and local advertising
- Cold-call prospects, including those generated by external sources of lead for the hotel
- Deal with complex customer complaints or enquiries Perform other related duties as assigned Position Requirements
- Works with corporate operations and regional sales & marketing teams to ensure the appropriate hotel implementation of special promotions and sales initiatives.
- Meet and exceed personal sales room night revenue goals: monthly, quarterly and yearlyExceed monthly goals in each of the following categories: site inspections, personal sales calls,entertainment and prospecting
- Assist in creating Request for Proposal (RFP) responses to potential clients?
- Stay familiar with industry trends via appropriate publications/trade memberships
- Follow up on Groups to ensure customer satisfaction
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- A minimum 3-4 years of HOTEL sales experience
- Experience in Hotel industry with knowledge of competitive markets considered definite asset
- A proven track record in cultivating business relationships and strong prospecting skills
- Superior negotiating skills, decision making capabilities, resourcefulness to conduct independent research and gather informationto fully understand your market
- Ability to identify markets, develop sales/marketing strategies to penetrate markets in line with company business plan.
- Possesses excellent organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional communication and strong interpersonal skills; innovative, resourceful and results oriented.
- Background in the development & execution of business, marketing and sales plans.
- Proactive sales approach, assertive, fast-paced, and driven to succeed
- Must be able to travel and may be required to work evenings and weekends as required
- Demonstrates strong leadership, team, and communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Word, Excel and Power Point is essential
- High degree of professionalism and dedication
Must be able to work independently and maintain a positive attitude within a very busy environment hours
will fluctuate and evening and weekend work will be required
Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.