Together we’re going places! Voyageur Transportation Services is currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Coordinator in London, Ontario.
Voyageur Transportation is a dynamic company, which is committed to hiring only the best employees in order to maintain our distinct presence in the transportation industry. With a growing demand for transportation services, Voyageur Transportation has diversified itself and operates in four business segments, which include: Medical Transportation, Conventional and Para Transit, School Bussing and Charters, and Checker Limousine.
With a large emphasis on training and orientation, Voyageur dedicates itself to supporting the growth of our employees by allowing them to develop the necessary skills in order to be successful. We provide our employees the necessary training tools in order to service our customers and clients more effectively. We remain true to our traditional family owned and operated values through our value added services, commitment to our community and our continued services provided by our long term standing employees.
Reporting to the Health & Safety Manager, the Health and Safety Coordinator will play a key role in the enhancement, implementation and monitoring of the Company’s Safety Program across all divisions. This requires close collaboration with the Operations Managers and Supervisors to ensure the highest level of safety compliance and employee guidance.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate working industry knowledge that includes but is not limited to:
- Development, implementation and maintenance of safety policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act and in accordance with company policies.
- Provide input to management regarding workplace safety audits, concerns and recommendations as well as coordinate and communicate timely follow up activities and resolutions.
- Oversee the JHSC (Joint Health & Safety ) committees for the company ensuring compliance, minutes, & follow-up.
- Develop & facilitate all health and safety training in conjunction with company trainers for Voyageur employees and brokers ensuring compliance.
- Conduct field audits to ensure daily operations are in accordance with all safety guidelines with strong accountability for corrective action follow up.
- Manage the process for collision and incident investigations, analysis and preparation of accident reports and summaries including recommendations for re-training and/or corrective action .
- Ensure that pertinent safety reports are submitted and retained as required.
- A monthly review of company CVOR and monitoring safety violation ratings, convictions, collisions and vehicle defects.
- Play a key role in developing the Safety Culture through daily interaction, corporate communications, training and hands on involvement at all levels of the business.
- In conjunction with the Health & Safety Manager, WSIB administration including monitoring employees on modified duties and working closely with the business on return to work strategies.
- In conjuction with the Health & Safety Manager, liaison to insurance broker for all collision and incident claims.
- Completion of a university or college education in Occupational Health & Safety.
- 2 years prior experience in Health and Safety.
- Holds a professional safety designation such as CHSC, CRSP, CSP, ROHT, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Ministry of Transportation and Ministry of Labour regulations.
- Knowledge of current legislation relating to employment law, WSIB, Labour Relations Act, Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code.
- Strong planning and time management skills; ability to effectively handle a variety of task simultaneously.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Must be hands on and willing to travel within SWO (30% of time) and work flexible hours.
Why work for us?
- Full-time opportunity
- Benefits package
- Rewarding career with a growing company
- Great company culture
Sound interesting? Please send your resume and salary expectations directly to Magda Jacobs, Human Resources at email@example.com
Voyageur Transportation is committed to provide accommodation for individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Accommodations are available upon request of the internal or external applicant. If you require an accommodation due to a disability for an interview, please notify Human Resources directly to make appropriate arrangements when contacted for an interview.