BGL Group Inc. is currently searching for experienced Business System Analysts to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate business/user requirements for processes, policies and information systems. Translate these business needs/ end-user requirements into functional specifications that describe what the system, process or product/service must do to fulfill the end-user/business requirements. These positions will be working remotely located in Ontario.
Role and Responsibility:
- Formulate and define system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time, and form of desired results.
- Analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
- Influence business partners and service providers regarding priorities, hardware/software selection and/or vendor selection.
- Analyze marketplace, industry, company, technology trends and best practices, vendor products and services, etc.
- Identify and document business strategies, objectives and drivers.
- Analyze and document business processes and metrics, and identifies improvement opportunities.
- Calculate/estimate costs and benefits of alternative actions or solutions to establish their viability/ROI.
- Re-engineer processes to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- Identify/document how applications and systems interact to support business processes.
- Assess, apply and project the impact of system changes on users and internal and external clients or stakeholders.
- Use knowledge of systems and industry requirements to develop or modify complex information systems.
- Write test plans and test cases to ensure changes which are made to the application meet client needs and that application integrity is maintained.
- Conduct a variety of tests such as system, integration, readiness, and acceptance tests.
- Ensure that the changes made by programmers are correct. Conduct tests using client data to be certain client needs will be met. Verify through testing that changes made by programmers to one part of the application do not impact other parts. Report and review testing results.
- Train internal employees or external clients on changes, new systems or new procedures.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 5+ years Business Systems Analyst experience
- General knowledge of enterprise data center technologies
- Knowledge of financial services industry from an enterprise technology perspective
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles (i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development)
- Proficient in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment where high client expectations exist
- Demonstrated desire to keep knowledge of Information Technology tools, products and trends up-to-date
- You must possess excellent oral and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- University degree or college diploma in Computer Science or related IT discipline is preferred
BGL Group Inc.
We are a London based Information Technology Services company specializing in technical services, IT contract resources, project management and placement of full-time IT professionals.
We would like to thank you for your interest. Please note that all submissions will be assessed, however due to the volume of applications, only those requested for interviews will be contacted. We will retain other applications for future opportunities.
Please submit your most recent MS Word resume to: email@example.com.