BGL Group Inc. is currently searching for an experienced Migration Architect to provide expertise in designing and executing against a strategy for collecting and assessing key application business and technical requirements in preparation for a technology change. This professional is equipped with the core infrastructure knowledge and necessary business acumen required to lead workshops with both the infrastructure and application teams, with the purpose of developing dependency mapping relationships needed for migration planning events. Additionally, the architect has the skillset to use in-house or vendor-developed tools for inventorying logical assets and creating application connection maps. This position will be working remotely located in Ontario.
Role and Responsibility:
- Work individually and within a team on data center and application migration projects
- Serve as liaison between end-users and consultants during mapping and migration process
- Expertly research and document client needs, technology, or regulations related to system design, enhancement, acquiring hardware or software that will impact multiple migrations - dependency mapping
- Devise and/or modify processes and procedures to achieve greater efficiencies and to solve the most complex technical problems related to computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Act as team leader for technical aspects of consulting projects, leading sub-plans or small projects. May mentor, guide, advise and/or check the work of less experienced Business Systems Analysts and Technology Business Consultants.
- Document application migration dependencies
- Able to execute migration waves on large, complex, or shared environments
- Document infrastructure requirements at target data centers, develop infrastructure mapping between source and target data centers
- Track completion of infrastructure tasks and report status to internal Program Leads
- Support migration waves and act as infrastructure and engineering escalation point during waves
- Collect and develop detailed Playbook and migration plans and procedures based on detailed schedule/server bundles
- Create and manage planning Playbook for each migration event
- Assist in migration planning to include pre-migration shutdown, cutover, startup, test, contingency/back-out and post migration
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 10 years Migration Architect Experience
- Advanced knowledge of datacenter migration/consolidation lifecycle
- Advanced knowledge of the tools, techniques and principles used in application mapping
- Proficiency in creating detailed plans and processes related to data and datacenter migration and application systems migration
- Operating systems: RHEL Linux, Windows, HPUX, AIX, Solaris
- Database: Oracle, SQL, DB2
- Clustering/High Availability: Virtualization (ESX/VMware VMs, nPar/vPar, hard/soft zones), many types of storage and Raid levels, Thick and thin provisioning, VCS, Microsoft/SQL Clusters, various load balanced solutions (F5-GTM/LTM GLB LLB VIPS), horizontal and vertical application clusters; granular recovery, Global Load Balancing, and DNS
- Networking: TCP/IP, UDP, IPsec, VRRP, OSPF, DMVPN
- Exadata, Golden Gate, DataGuard
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment where high client expectations exist
- Demonstrated desire to keep knowledge of Information Technology tools, products and trends up-to-date
- You must possess excellent oral and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- University degree or college diploma in Computer Science or related IT discipline is preferred
BGL Group Inc.
We are a London based Information Technology Services company specializing in technical services, IT contract resources, project management and placement of full-time IT professionals.
We would like to thank you for your interest. Please note that all submissions will be assessed, however due to the volume of applications, only those requested for interviews will be contacted. We will retain other applications for future opportunities.
Please submit your most recent MS Word resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.