BGL Group Inc. is currently searching for experienced Wave Project Managers to plan, manage and implement medium to large, reasonably complex projects. Projects may be focused on:
- Data center technology & infrastructure
- Data center migration and consolidation
- The development of new or upgraded products and services;
- Internal information system-specific projects that may involve the development or enhancement of internal applications, technology integration, and/or infrastructure environment build-out;
- Delivery by service teams for outsourced solutions to external clients; or
- Delivery of new or enhanced products and/or services to improve customer satisfaction through the use of technology, which may include customizations to base products to meet client requirements, system integration with other internal or third-party products or consulting projects and engagements.
These positions will be working remotely located in Ontario.
Role and Responsibility:
- Plan and coordinate all aspects of technical projects from initiation through delivery.
- Manage project initiation activities that include identifying contractual obligations, client needs and goals, existing situation, necessary contacts, and access to existing information as needed.
- Ensure requirements for internal technology projects align to operational standards.
- Develop alternate requirements or document exceptions as appropriate.
- Develop, defines and executes project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets and deliverables.
- Identify needed resources for projects, defines and assigns major project roles.
- Coordinate activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints, and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope.
- Assign and monitor work of project team, providing technical and analytical support and direction. Interface with external clients or field-based employees on technical matters as needed.
- Manage project risks, issues/problems, and activity progress to ensure project goals (e.g.,deadline, scope and quality) are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
- May manage the integration of vendor/subcontractor tasks, and track and review vendor/ subcontractor deliverables, if appropriate for the project.
- Serve as liaison between technical and non-technical teams, in internal organizations as well as in client and vendor/subcontractor organizations, to ensure all project targets and requirements are met.
- Deliver informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups internally and/or in client organizations.
- Conduct project closure activities to formalize and communicate the project acceptance, handover documentation and ongoing activities to accountable teams and complete a post-implementation review to identify areas of improvement.
- May directly oversee employees assigned to manage specific project that have a distinct beginning and end. Select, develop and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Identify project management coordination process gaps or areas for improvement, recommend and implement solutions.
- Some travel may be required.
- Performs additional related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 10+ years Wave Project Management experience
- Extensive knowledge of project management standards, processes, procedures and guidelines
- Knowledge of the industry project management best practices (i.e., Project Management Body of Knowledge - PMBOK)
- Knowledge of various types of IT project methodologies and life cycles (e.g., conversions, incremental, rapid delivery, classic or traditional waterfall phases of analysis, design, development, testing, implementation) and the correct project application
- Knowledge of standards relevant to the software industry (e.g., ISO, CMM, Six Sigma)
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Knowledge of company’s products and services
- Advanced skill in the use of project management software to manage projects (e.g., MS Project and auxiliary tools, such as earned value database, audit tools, project repository, including risk, issues and action items database, SLIM Estimate, Metrics and Control, PlanView, Platinum Process Continuum)
- Demonstrated skill in managing project budgets and timelines
- Skill in the use of negotiation techniques to reach agreement when there are widely-differing viewpoints
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, conflict management and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with executive level clients
- Ability to set clear expectations, manage team performance and build high morale among team members
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and carry out assignments that are sensitive in nature
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment where high client expectations exist
- Demonstrated desire to keep knowledge of Information Technology tools, products and trends up-to-date
- You must possess excellent oral and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- University degree or college diploma in Computer Science or related IT discipline is preferred
BGL Group Inc.
We are a London based Information Technology Services company specializing in technical services, IT contract resources, project management and placement of full-time IT professionals.
We would like to thank you for your interest. Please note that all submissions will be assessed, however due to the volume of applications, only those requested for interviews will be contacted. We will retain other applications for future opportunities.
Please submit your most recent MS Word resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.