Part Time Facilitator
London Training Centre has an immediate part time position for a Workshop Resource Centre Facilitator
Hours of work: Typically, Monday to Friday 1 – 4:30pm however this position may require the employee to work outside of the regular hours, occasional evenings and weekend days. This is an hourly paid position.
The primary role of the Facilitator is facilitating employment workshops, providing client support in the employment resource area, preparing materials for employment related workshops and ensuring facilities are tidy and organized before and after each session. Responsibilities for this role include collecting evaluations from participants; documenting internal and external workshops according to the content and standards of each program. Utilizing a variety of adult learning methods, the facilitator will instruct participants individually or in groups in-house or offsite that engage participants and meet their learning objectives. The facilitator will engage in and support the employment services team with community outreach and marketing activities as needed.
The position of Workshop Resource Centre Facilitator will be responsible for, but not necessarily limited to, the following duties:
Duties and Responsibilities of this position include:
- Instruct participant’s individually and in groups, using a variety of delivery methods and training techniques both at London Training Centre and in the community.
- Deliver all curriculums according to the content and organizational standards of the agency.
- Establish clear objectives for all workshops and maintain classroom code of conduct to ensure a safe and engaging learning environment.
- Arrive punctually and manage time effectively to ensure all aspects of the workshops are delivered within agency guidelines.
- Ability to be adaptable and professional in a dynamic and changing workplace.
- Enter data into the organization’s data management system as needed.
- Completing reports and documentation on activities as required.
- Undertaking other tasks as assigned.
Employment Resource Centre
- Acting as first point of contact for clients and visitors to the London Training Centre. Greeting visitors, responding to inquiries, and supporting clients and visitors within the Resource Centre.
- Facilitate / instruct clients (one to one or groups) in computer basics, MS Word, MS Excel, social media, internet use and navigation.
- Effectively communicate to visitors of London Training Centre all protocol and procedures related to access of the organization’s services.
- Maintain Resource Centre in a neat, orderly, useful and accessible manner.
- Engaging in and supporting the Employment Services and Training teams with community outreach and marketing activities as needed.
- Provide ongoing support to the general public accessing the Resource and information area of London Training Centre.
- Assists the receptionist as required during peak times and provides assistance to clients and guests including but not limited to: resumes, cover letters, online applications, faxing, photocopying, scanning, community information, job search strategies.
The Ideal Candidate:
Will possess a post-secondary degree and have previous facilitation and/or employment experience in human services, education or training. We are also looking for a person with strong qualifications and a drive to do their best. We value excellence, teamwork, learning, diversity, integrity and high levels of commitment to customer service.
Application Deadline: May 22, 2018
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to:
Grant Whatford / Hiring Committee
London Training Centre
110-317 Adelaide St. South
London, ON N5Z 3L3