Assurance Delivery Centre Manager
Line of Service
ON - London
Build relationships and see how they open new pathways to excellence.
Our Assurance Service Delivery Centre:
The Service Delivery Centre in London, Ontario provides Assurance Services in support of our Canadian national practice. Using technology, standardized processes, and best practices, we deliver the highest quality services to our clients. Joining this growing part of our business will provide you with the opportunity to play an important role in how our practice delivers client service.
The Opportunity: Assurance Delivery Centre Manager
Reporting to the Director of the Assurance Service Delivery Centre, this position is responsible for supporting Delivery Centre and engagement teams with testing business and IT controls, financial statement audit testing, and reviewing work performed by Assurance Technicians and Team Supervisors. The position is also responsible for managing multiple stakeholders across multiple engagements, participating in a wide range of projects and initiatives, and collaborating across multiple work streams or teams. This position will also include a portion of teaching Learning & Development training courses.
In the role as a Manager you will primarily:
- Provide related deliverables in accordance with the Delivery Centre User Guide, adhering to PwC Service Delivery Centre policies and procedures.
- Proactively participate in the management of staff workload, balancing work across the team and quality control of work products.
- Oversee team members’ performance of testing, monitoring workload, timelines and budgets for the work being performed.
- Interact with engagement teams and/or clients to articulate the objectives and testing results.
- Develop the skills of team members through regular and ongoing formal coaching and feedback (written and verbal), keeping them engaged with a cohesive team environment.
- Assist with special projects as required.
- Contribute towards developing new capabilities and new services to grow the business.
- Support growth efforts through drafting responses to client service requests and providing inputs to service proposals from a global service delivery perspective.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Education in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- CPA equivalent and/or Master’s Degree an asset.
- 5+ years of work experience with business and IT controls testing, accounting or auditing experience.
- Good client service skill collaterals with an ability to lead a large team of 12-16 Technicians and Supervisors.
- Effective problem solving skills and the ability to prioritize, and handle multiple tasks.
- Superior time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and a desire to take responsibility for personal growth and development.
- Commitment to teamwork in professional, classroom or networking environments; individual would be expected to cultivate a cohesive team environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of products (i.e., Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, etc.) including an understanding of v-lookup, text, reference and logical information functionality in Excel.
- Understand personal and team roles; contribute to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; proactively seek guidance, clarification and feedback.
- Attention to detail with the ability to participate, communicate and apply knowledge to deliver quality results.
- Understanding of business functionality, security and control for some of the following technologies and/or enterprise applications: Unix, Windows, mainframe, AS400, SAP, PeopleSoft, J.D. Edwards, Oracle Financials, Oracle Financial databases, etc., an asset.
Regular work hours 9pm-5pm ET, with flexibility to meet coverage requirements. Extended business hours and overtime may be required during peak periods.
Why Work for PwC
We look for diversity of thought and encourage our people to reach out and make a difference for their colleagues, clients and communities. We welcome people from a variety of educational and professional backgrounds, and believe that different perspectives help us solve challenges with innovation, cooperation, and creativity.
Click here to apply online
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to ethnicity, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted for follow-up.