"Building Better Lives and Better Communities through Better Properties"
Winners of the 2017 BBB Business Integrity Award (11+ Employees Category)
For three generations, BlueStone Properties has designed, built and managed quality residential and commercial properties for Londoners. We recognize that vital neighbourhoods make up more than buildings, which is why BlueStone has a commitment to Building Better Lives and Better Communities through Better Properties.
We proudly support organizations and charities that improve the quality of life in our community and boost our economy. If you are interested in joining us to make London a better place to live, please apply!
Position: Residential Maintenance Technician
Reports to: Residential Maintenance Manager
Working at various residential sites, the Residential Maintenance Technician repairs and maintains the buildings and surrounding grounds.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Repairs and maintains building heating, boilers, ventilation, and air conditioning systems (where qualified); electrical, generators, and lighting systems (where qualified); plumbing systems (where qualified); appliances (where qualified)
- Coordinates with the Residential Services Coordinator and Residential Maintenance Manager with respect to work orders and purchase orders
- Repairs occupied and vacant units in response to approved tenant requests or make-ready reports based on urgency and priority
- Transports ordered materials and supplies from supplier to shop
- Collects and deposits coins from coin-operated laundry machines
- Repairs and maintains equipment stored and used at various residential sites
- Maintains company vehicle according to fleet standards
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Residential Maintenance Manager
- On-call evenings and weekends on a rotating schedule
- May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Required to climb, stand or walk for long periods
- May be required to work from heights, kneel, bend, stretch, and reach for extended periods
- May be exposed to hazardous and bio-hazardous materials, including corrosive or explosive chemicals
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Prior experience in a similar role
- Able to follow verbal and written direction
- Courteous manners with the public
- Punctual, meticulous, and reliable
- Proficient spoken and written English
- Must be able to work independently of direct supervision and as part of a team
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driver's abstract
- Must successfully pass a police background check
Please submit a resume and cover letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
BlueStone Properties Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates taking part in the recruitment and selection process.