Located on the western edge of London, Ontario, Easter Seals Camp Woodeden is looking for individuals who want to join our team of cleaners and maintenance staff.
Reporting to the Site Manager, our cleaners play an important role in ensuring our facilities are kept hygienic and clean for campers, guests and staff.
Hours:full-time, must be available to work weekdays and some weekends
- Clean and disinfect all facilities, including washrooms, program areas, dining hall, lounge, and cabins
- Puts the safety and comfort of all guests and staff at the forefront in every decision or action
- Promptly reports any safety or maintenance issues to the Site Manager
- Ensure the washrooms and facilities are kept adequately stocked
- Wash, dry and fold camp laundry as required
- Keep a cleaning log and submit maintenance requests when appropriate
- Work is in full view of the public; a combination of indoor and outdoor work environments
Qualifications & Abilities
- Previous experience in cleaning large facilities is an asset
- Comfortable performing the physical demands of the job including walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, pushing, pulling, bending, mopping, sweeping, wiping and scrubbing.
- Understand and adheres to all related occupational health and safety requirements and procedures
- Exhibits a high degree of initiative and self-direction
- Hard-working, dependable, responsible
- Ability to work well with a team and accept supervision, and can also work well independently
- Maintains a cheerful, positive and helpful attitude at all times – job requires interaction with campers, guests and staff
- Training, WHMIS certification and Occupational Health and Safety Awareness Training provided
- Must provide transportation to and from camp. We are not located on public transit.
- Must have clear Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector Check