The Estimator to prepare accurate estimates for projects by gathering information and analyzing important metrics. Your will provide knowledge of cost and benefits that support profitable business decisions.
The ideal candidate will have excellent numerical skills and an analytical mindset. You must also be thorough and apt in managing relationships with key persons.
The goal is to provide detailed reports so the company can make informed decisions that will enhance its profitability and growth.
Duties and responsibilities
- Understand the project/program and its requirements
- Determine key variables for cost and other estimates
- Gather first-hand information from client and location
- Conduct research to obtain data on labor costs, materials, production times etc.
- Use software for data analysis, forecasting and budgeting
- Obtain and review offers and quotes by subcontractors or vendors
- Perform risk analysis
- Create and submit estimate reports or bids to appropriate persons (project managers, clients, bidding competitions etc.)
- Build relationships with key vendors (subcontractors, suppliers, engineers etc.)
- Provide consultation on planning (schedules, manpower needs etc.)
- Proven experience as estimator or similar position
- Familiarity with financial and project management principles
- In depth knowledge of research and data analysis methods and estimation formulas
- Exquisite math and IT ability with an analytical mindset
- Proficient in relevant software
- Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities
- Thoroughness and reliability
- Excellent organizational skills
- Construction Estimator Certified (CEC) will be an asset
- Quality Controll experience will be a strong asset
- May be noisy
- Large equipment
- Fast Paced
- Full-time Hours
- Tight deadlines
- Work under pressure
- Exposed to outside elements
Apply by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required use hands to perform mechanical procedures.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.