Vuteq Canada is a Tier 1 supplier for GM and Toyota. We are the second largest employer in Woodstock! We have great compension and benefits packages, as well as a bonus structure.
Vuteq is looking for a Tooling Coordinator to join our team of professionals. If you are looking for career advancement and opportunities to develop, look no further!
The Tooling Coordinator is responsible for defining tooling requirements, process requirements, and tooling costs for Vuteq’s RFQ process. Once business has been awarded, the tooling coordinator is responsible for conducting part, tool, and cost validation for tooling, as well as part and tool feasibility, while maintaining cost targets.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review data to assist sales team with sourcing quotes, performing design for manufacturing tests, and design study requests
- Involved in the analysis of technical data (drawings, data, and sketch, etc.); provides insight into manufacturability of products based on drawing or design
- Prepares RFQs and reviews quotes for new programs and engineering changes
- Offers feedback to customers and offers suggestions on the design change in order to improve part feasibility
- Prepares/analyzes tooling cost breakdowns
- Establishes target pricing for tool shops and negotiates final price
- Send data to supplier for quoting
- Prepares and maintains quote summaries for each program
- Create mold specifications; select tool shop and further discuss specifications of the mold build
- Attend weekly meetings, via WebX, with the customer
- Design review; ensure tooling is correct, and it meets the demands of what the customer wants/needs
- Visit tool shops during the build phase to review progress
- Attend tool testing and ensure the mold functions correctly
- Ensure tools are production ready prior to start of production
- Works with production to troubleshoot tooling issues
- Mentor and train new/more junior team members
- Successful completion of a minimum 2 - 4 year post-secondary program; design, mechanical, and manufacturing engineering are considered relevant
- Successful completion of a mold design/mold maker apprenticeship
- 5 – 7 years of experience in mold design/mold making
- Automotive experience is considered to be an asset
Skills and Abilities
- Actively listening to tool shops and fellow designers on engineering changes and specifications
- Ability to show versatility and resourcefulness when problem solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy when preparing and reviewing mold designs
- Ability to adapt to changing demands from customers as well as fellow team members
- Strong interpersonal skills; having to communicate with several people at once
- Ability to organize priorities based on deadlines and importance of tasks
- Manage time efficiently while working on several different tasks at once
- Sense of creativity when designing a mold, and when having to change and adapt to different specifications
If you are interseted in applying for this position please send your resume and salary expectations to Vuteq's HR office:
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Vuteq Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.