We are a manufacturer of automotive parts in the London, ON region and are seeking a Payroll / Accounts Receivables Specialist to fulfil the roles and responsibilities pertaining to the delivery of Payroll and its related functions and the collection of all Accounts Receivables from the Customer. We are looking for someone who is knowledgeable about all Payroll related disciplines and functions, accounting related disciplines, and who can work independently to execute daily position requirements. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience in a Payroll related role, have a strong understanding of accounting concepts, and have experience applying these skills within a manufacturing environment.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager of Accounting, the successful applicant will be responsible for the delivery of Payroll and its related functions for all hourly and salary Team Members. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the collection of all Accounts Receivables pertaining to products shipped to the Customer.
The primary role of the Payroll / Accounts Receivable Specialist is to provide functional and specialized support for the delivery of all facets of the Payroll and Accounts Receivable processes. Key responsibilities include ensuring that the Company’s bi-weekly and monthly payrolls are accurately compiled (and inputted) for timely payment of wages and salaries to all Team Members. Further, responsibilities include processing and timely collection of all Accounts Receivables pertaining to products shipped to the Customer. Secondary duties include providing functional and administrative support through the completion of various Accounting related tasks and functions.
- Prepares and delivers all hourly and salary payroll (bi-weekly)
- Performs routine and non-routine functions, including processing of new hires / terminations, deductions / withholdings, preparation and deliverance of ROE’s / T4’s
- Processes and monitors garnishees in compliance with all applicable legislation
- Manages all payroll related remittances and ensures timely payment (Income Tax, WSIB, EHT, CPP, EI, etc.)
- Manages and administers all payroll changes including employee personal information, classifications, pay rates, deductions, required withholdings, net earnings, etc.
- Reviews all earnings and makes necessary adjustments to ensure all required changes are complete
- Assists with maintenance of the company’s Time and Attendance system to ensure accurate tracking of Team Member hours.
- Produces weekly reports of all Time Sheets from the Time and Attendance system for respective approvals
- Provides timely assistance to all Team Member inquiries relating to payroll
- Resolves all inaccuracies quickly and effectively, including processing manual cheques to resolve all issues and errors identified
- Assists with monthly reconciliations of accounts pertaining to payroll function
- Responsible for overseeing the collection of all outstanding Accounts Receivables
- Processes accounts and incoming payments in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Assists with reconciliation of the A/R accounts to ensure all payments are accounted for and posted accurately
- Verifies all discrepancies and resolves inaccuracies with the Customer(s)
- Maintains and provides accurate records and reports
- Assists in managing EDI transmission files for electronic customers
- Other related duties as required
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working in a payroll related role required
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation considered an asset
- Post-secondary education in business administration (college or university) is preferred
- Experience and understanding of Accounting related disciplines
- Experience interacting with Customers and collection of A/R
- Understanding of all applicable legislation related to payroll and its functions is essential
- Knowledge of payroll systems, Accounting related terminology and procedures
- Excellent verbal and communication skills required
- Must be a team player / self-starter with excellent language and communication skills, who pays attention to accuracy and detail
- Must possess excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills to effectively provide departmental support in an effective and efficient manner.
- Experience working with confidential and controlled documents
- Commitment, adaptability and the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
SCHEDULE: Full-Time, Monday - Friday
TRAVEL: Minimal travel requirements
Please send your resume and cover letter stating experience and salary expectations in strictest confidence to:
We appreciate all responses, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.