Congregation Or Shalom is a diverse, inclusive and welcoming spiritual community with 230 family members. Located in London, Ontario, it is a Conservative synagogue affiliated with the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism.
We’re looking for a full-time Administrative Office Manager.
- Organized and detail oriented
- Knowledge of Sage Accounting, Excel and other software applications as appropriate
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Publisher or Adobe in Design
- Effective, friendly communication skills
- Interest in and knowledgeable about Jewish culture, life cycle events and religious practice
- All bookkeeping aspects including payroll for full time and casual staff (<5 full-time persons), tax receipts and managing event revenues and expenses
- Preparation of documents and financial reporting for executive and board meetings
- Maintain membership data base
- Maintain London Jewish Telephone Directory Database
- Office reception
- Liaise with the Rabbi and members of the Board and Executive
- Ensure scheduling and staffing for synagogue functions
- Prepare weekly Shabbat handouts, The Oracle, a quarterly publication, and advertisement as needed
The pay range is $39,000 to $46,000 plus benefits.
If you are interested in learning more about this position, please contact Steven Dain by email and send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org