Purpose of Role:
The University of Western Ontario Staff Association (UWOSA) seeks an administrative assistant to support the Union office. To serve as a first point of contact for union members and other stakeholders, respond to general collective agreement inquiries in person, by telephone and via email, redirecting to other resources as required. To follow established procedures and provide direct support for a variety of administrative tasks, which support the smooth and effective operations of the union. This role will report to the Vice President.
Expectations of Role:
- Provide support for a variety of administrative tasks to eight (8) Executive Officers to ensure a high standard of efficiency, accuracy, and effectiveness with the execution of all union activities
- Facilitates clerical processes to ensure the maintenance of smooth operations within the union
- Schedules meetings for officers, committees, including booking rooms and coordinating catering
- Triages requests, respond to routine collective agreement inquiries, escalating more complex and urgent requests to appropriate Officer
- Schedules appointments with Executive Officers from members, and internal/external stakeholders
- Prepares and maintains online information for committees, including website bulletins or shared server space as requested
- Collect, sort, and distribute inbound mail and process outbound mail, including courier services
- Prepare invoices for Officer signature and processing by external bookkeeping service
- Maintains databases and union records using established policies and guidelines
- Maintains union website
- Monitors and maintains office supplies, strike preparedness supplies, and union resources
- Provide all visitors to office with a professional and welcoming greeting
- Positive and courteous professional etiquette
What Successful Candidate Must Show:
- Education/Experience: one year community college diploma in Office Administration or relevant field and more than 6 months and up to and including 1 year experience providing customer service in a business office setting
- Time Management: Demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task and meet deadlines with time constraints. Highly developed organizational ability, attention to detail and accuracy in an open office environment with multiple interruptions and changing priorities.
- Competencies: Attention to detail, ability to maintain strict privacy and confidentiality, planning and organizing, punctual, reliable, and high stress tolerance.
- Attributes: Demonstration of a proactive, collaborative, and considerate persona, willingness to learn
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, active and empathetic listening skills, able and willing to share information.
- Strong MS Office Skills including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Competitive Vacation Package
- Salary: $21.18 per hour, 35 hour work week
To apply: Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Interested candidates are encouraged to forward a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to: email@example.com
No calls. No drop offs. No agencies, please.
Who We Are:
The University of Western Ontario Staff Association (UWOSA) is an independent union representing approximately 900 administrative and technical staff at the University of Western Ontario. Our members work in every unit of the University in a wide variety of roles. Please note: this position is not with Western University.
UWOSA is committed to an equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition or veteran status. If you require accommodations for interviews, please include the details in your application.