Who We Are:
Q5X delivers innovative wireless microphone solutions to the broadcast sports and entertainment industries. When size and quality matter, Q5X is the clever, rugged and comfortable choice for any demanding wireless audio challenge. A few of our key, long-standing clients are the NBA, NHL, MLB, and Radio City Music Hall. Our small, but diverse team is comprised of engineers and designers that excel at the innovation required by our clients. The skills of the team and fast pace environment offer the ability to grow daily.
Q5X is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant who will be supporting and reporting to the Office/Operations Manager. The successful candidate will thrive in a multi-faceted role that balances attention to detail with the requirement to meet deadlines. We are looking for a highly organized person who can juggle competing priorities. The ideal candidate will have the interpersonal skills to naturally expand the role to assist other managers on various projects.
Key Specific Responsibilities:
Communication and Correspondence
- Review and handle incoming messages, from phone, email and paper mail
- Create outgoing correspondence and email and make outgoing phone calls, both for own role and for management
- Prioritize items as necessary
Time Management and Organization
- Review operating practices and implement improvements where necessary
- Check and maintain email automation software
- Create and maintain manuals: policy & procedures
- Track, record and prioritize all items requiring action and ensure follow-up in a professional and timely manner
- Assist with maintaining schedules and vacation schedules for team
- Provide historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems
- Match vendor invoices to POs and enter in SAGE 50 software
- Issue payments to vendors from accounting software
- Enter receivables into accounting software and collect on payments owing
- Run various reports from accounting software
- File monthly government remittances
- Proven ability to manage several tasks simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment, balancing speed of work without sacrificing quality
- Ability to prioritize, establish timelines for assigned tasks and communicate them to department members
- Knowledge of basic office functions, i.e., office machines, telephone systems, copier
- Strong computer proficiency
- Strong software proficiency with multiple years’ experience in Outlook, Excel, Word
- Create and edit social media postings
- Experience in ZoHo is bonus!
- Superb oral, written and editing skills in English
- Strength in providing front line customer service support
- Strong and proven attention to detail
- Great memory
- Commitment to accuracy and thoroughness in all work
- A self-starter with a strong sense of initiative
- Can liaise and interact with all types of personalities while maintaining professionalism
- Highly organized with the ability to self-manage, multitask and balance conflicting priorities
- Confidence and ability to work independently and without supervision
- Walk up and down stairs
- Lift a courier package of 20 lbs
- Minimum of 2+ years related work experience in an administrative role, preferably from a customer service, operations or financial background
- Completion of post-secondary program ideal
Does this Job Fit You?
You will LOVE this job if:
- You can follow detailed instructions without being micromanaged.
- You can understand the purpose of a project and make decisions on your own that move us closer towards the final vision.
- You thrive in an ever-changing environment, learning and trying new things daily
- You are willing to experiment and try to answer questions yourself before asking others for guidance
- You are confident in your ability to try new things on computers, and back out changes if they don’t work out
You will HATE this job if:
- You get stressed by to-do lists that seem to get longer and longer every day
- You require direction and supervision to manage competing priorities and tasks
- You enjoy predictability in your daily routine, knowing in advance what each day will bring
- You fear to break things if you experiment on the computer
Base salary of approximately $30,000 based on qualifications/experience
Job Type: Full-time. Hours are Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Job Location: London, ON
Starting Date: Immediate
How to Apply: Please email resume in PDF format, along with a brief cover letter to email@example.com. Please do not apply in person, or via mail or fax. Please note, while we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally-protected factors. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know through your application email and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.